The Package consists of 9 courses which will aim to provide a Holistic understanding of the various domains of learning in Mechanical design engineering
1. Introduction to Mechanical Design engineering : In this courses first learn about what mechanical design engineers do and what are their roles and responsibilities along with the skillsets to develop as one
2. Mechanical Design and Product development process : Then learn about the Engineering design process applied to product development of mechanical systems . The various nuances of concept development. system design, product architecture and Detail design to lay a strong conceptual foundation on how products are developed.
3. Basics of Material selection : Learn about engineering materials and why are they used in the places they are used in the engineering industry. What are the important material properties and how they play a role . How to look at Ashby material charts and derive meaning from them ? What are Material indices and how to derive for different loading applications ?
4. Manufacturing process selection and Design for Manufacturing : Learn about how manufacturing process is selected for various design applications. The nuances of cost, shape and material compatibility .Then a deep dive into Designing for specific processes like Forging , Casting and Injection Molding along with exercises, examples and case studies.
5. Sheet metal Design : A deep dive into the Sheet metal Processing and Design for Sheet metal which is the most widely used form of metal components in industry. The design principles, process constraints and Design guidelines are dealt with in detail .Along with projects and examples to elucidate learning .
6. Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis : It is the activity of preparing a record of Risk assessment of a product or a system. A very important activity for Design engineers during product development and a very useful tool. Learn how to conceptualize and create one in this course with explanation of all related terminologies.
7. Mechanics of Materials for Machine Design : This course covers the Basic concepts of mechanics of Materials or "strength of materials" which is a fundamental subject for any design engineer.
8. Theories of Failure in Machine design : Building on the concepts in Strength of materials, the various Theories of Failure are dealt with in this course. Also Designing for Fatigue and failure modes related to it are covered. Derivations and reasoning is provided to gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of the theory.
9. A project based course on Deign of a Vehicle Screw Jack used for Jacking vehicles during service. The course is "Over the shoulder" walkthrough of the Design process of the Screw jack in Autodesk Fusion 360 with all steps explained and Design files available for practice. After all learning by doing is best form of learning to make things.
This Bundle is best suitable for Engineering students, Freshers new to the world of Mechanical design engineering and who want a head start in their careers and learning .
Professionals and working engineers can also benefit as these courses are part of extensive training programs in companies for Upskilling.