This is a project based course which takes you through the complete design process of a full chassis Frame for a SUV vehicle.
Course begins with an introduction to some basic concepts related to chassis design and the design methodology associated with design of chassis frame in a vehicle development project
Topics covered :
- Vehicle construction - Body on frame vs monocoque (Unibody) construction
- Construction of a typical ladder frame
- Design considerations
- Design methodology from concept to detail design
- Primary design criteria which govern initial design
- What is Bending stiffness? how is it measured and its practical importance
- What is torsional stiffness? how is it measured and its practical importance
- How to improve stiffness locally with examples
- Design for durability and a logical process to follow with examples
- Converting vehicle specifications to Design specifications
- Developing the dimensions for side members
- Design Workflow of front suspension mounting cluster
- Design Workflow of Powertrain mounting cluster
- Design Workflow of Fuel tank mounting cluster
- Design Workflow of Rear suspension mount cluster
- Design workflow of Body mounting cluster
A deep dive into the world of chassis design with sheet metal components
Input reference files are provided which can be used to develop your own designs following the workflows.
The course is a one of a kind practical course which details the intricacies of design along with covering the holistic implications of various aspects .