Creativity combined with practical well engineered design is the fuel for innovation .
Mechanical design engineering - the profession of creating and analyzing systems which do useful physical work is based on the "Conceptualization of Systems" .
This course is all about the conceptualization within the mechanical design world.
Focusing on the Design Process and elaborating a thought process which can be applied in action during solving Mechanical design problems.
Multiple projects are covered which give a wide and also in depth look at Concept development activity .
Who is it for?
- Mechanical Design engineers working in industry , to improve their conceptualization skills and problem solving skills
- Engineering students to work on challenging projects going beyond the basics of Engineering to Practical problem solving.
- Familiarity with usage of CAD packages (any)
- Familiarity with basic engineering concepts
What are the Learning outcomes?
- An action focused procedure to breakdown a design problem and define it for developing a solution
- Develop a Concept generation skill through practice
How best to utilize the course?
- Practice and more practice - There are multiple projects included in the course which challenge thinking and with deliberate practice will improve conceptualization skills.