This course covers the essential basic theoretical and practical knowledge required for Designing Sheet metal parts.
- The common processes
- Materials and the properties which matter for design
- Comparison between hardness, toughness and strength
- What happens to the Material when it is formed or Bent?
- The Theory behind Forming and Bending
- Form-ability and Bend-ability of metal sheets and what factors affect them
- Forming limit diagrams and how they are created
- Bending Parameters in design
- K factor, Neutral axis, Bend allowance
- The concept of Spring-back and ways to reduce it
- Deep drawing process
- Joining processes and their comparison
- Design Guidelines to create cost- effective designs which are suitable for manufacturing.
- Design projects
So if you are a student exploring the world of product design or a design engineer who wants to make products with sheet metal then this courses will be a good value addition.