Design Failure Mode Effect and Analysis (DFMEA) is a very important tool for the design engineer to develop designs which are reliable and safe.
This course will take you through the concepts and process of developing a DFMEA.
What the course will cover?
- Need for DFMEA
- Defining failure modes
- Cause and Root cause analysis using Fishbone diagrams
- Evaluation of Risk - Severity, Occurence and Detection
- What is Design prevention control and Design detection control / Design verification
- Grading of severity, occurence and detection
- The systematic process of DFMEA
- What is B diagram and how to prepare B diagram with multiple examples
- What is P diagram and how to prepare P diagram with multiple examples
- DFMEA walkthrough of a Bicycle
- Exercises for learning by doing.
The course is well suited for Mechanical design engineers or aspiring students who want to learn how to design effectively and consider possible failure modes.
The class focusses on the concepts and underlying reasoning rather than a descriptive approach .
Developing a good DFMEA is critical for complex system engineering work and hence its a key skill to develop for career growth and innovation.