Interview Questions in GD&T for design engineers
What are the possible Interview questions related to GD&T ? Here is a useful list to prepare for
Here are some short GD&T interview questions .
The answer to these questions tests the understanding of GD&T at a conceptual level
- What is the need for GD&T ? How is it better than Co-ordinate tolerancing?
- What is GD&T and why is it important in mechanical design?
- What is Rule #1 in GD&T and when is it applicable?
- How do you decide the tolerance value for a feature?
- What is the difference between size dimensions and geometric dimensions?
- What is the difference between form , orientation and position of a feature?
- What is functional gauge ? What is a variable gauge?
- If a position tolerance of is applied on a hole what is the shape of the tolerance zone?
- What is a datum and why is it used?
- What is the difference between Datum ,Datum feature and Datum feature simulator?
- What is Datum shift and when is Datum shift applied in GD&T scheme and when is it not ?
- If on a GD&T drawing , the feature control frame has a M symbol beside the geometric tolerance value. What does it mean
- What is actual mating envelope
- What is virtual condition ?
- What is Design intent ?
- How does GD&T make a drawing not confusing (unambiguous) ?